Coconut oil is nearly a super hero in my book. I’ve read so much about coconut oil I have to share what I’ve learned with you.
I’m not talking about those nuts, though walnuts are certainly healthy and delightful. I’m talking coconut oil. You can purchase a large jar of it at most any grocery store. It’s delicious when used for cooking and
The above is an example of how it may come. There are many products on the market, and we don’t recommend any particular brand or type.
Substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil in cooking. Coconut oil has many uses other than cooking, including cosmetic uses. It has major benefits when used in both ways.
Coconut oil is edible and derived from wick, meat and milk of coconut palm fruit. The oil is a white solid that melts at warmer temperatures to a clear liquid. Refined versions have no scent. Unrefined varieties have a distinct coconut aroma. When used in cooking, it does not affect the flavor of food.
10 COCONUT OIL’S BENEFITS:
- Encourages your body to burn fat for energy.
- Contains MCT (medium chain triglycerides), which can increase calorie burn.
- Known to reduce appetite. Users who substituted coconut oil for vegetable oil in cooking have been shown to consume up to 65% fewer calories overall.
- Heart Healthy and contains natural saturated fats known to increase good cholesterol (HDL), which can lower risk of heart disease.
- Cosmetically used, it may protect your teeth, hair and skin.
- Reduces dry skin and moisturizes, when used topically.
- May kill some mouth bacteria when used orally as a mouthwash.
- May relieve symptoms in Alzheimer’s patients. Further studies are needed.
- May help reduce tummy fat.
- Contains antibacterial properties.
Massage into scalp and cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Shampoo. This can help cut down on breakage and may help hair grow stronger.
Massage into skin to moisturize and soften.
Use as a facial moisturizer.
Add a bit of sugar to it and use to exfoliate and moisturize. The sugar melts away.